Have you ever had that “Oh no!” moment where you suddenly realize you’ve lost your AirPods case? And to make matters worse, the AirPods themselves aren’t even inside? If this sounds familiar, don’t worry, you’re not alone. This blog is all about helping you find that elusive case.
AirPods are fantastic, right? They’re perfect for staying connected, enjoying your favorite tunes, or just getting lost in a podcast. But keeping track of them, especially that tiny case, can be a real challenge. It’s all too common to lose them—maybe at the gym, in the park, or just somewhere along the way. And if the AirPods aren’t in the case, finding it becomes an even bigger headache.
Can you relate to this situation? If you’re nodding your head, know that you’re not the only one. Losing an AirPod or its case can feel like a mini disaster. But hey, what’s done is done. Now it’s time to focus on finding a solution.
Lucky for you, we’ve done the legwork and researched various ways to find your AirPods case, even when the AirPods aren’t inside.
How To Find Airpods Case Without Airpods Inside?
Losing your AirPods case is frustrating, but it happens to the best of us. Instead of panicking, let’s explore some effective steps to locate your missing case.
- Open ‘Find My iPhone’ App: Start by opening the ‘Find My iPhone’ app on your phone. This handy app helps you track various devices connected to your Apple ID.
- Locate Your AirPods in the App: Inside the app, you’ll see a list of devices linked to your Apple account. Look for your AirPods on this list.
- Check for a Green Light: See if there’s a green light next to your AirPods in the app. This light is a good sign—it means your case is nearby and still has battery life.
- Play a Sound: If you see the green light, tap on the ‘play’ button to make your AirPods case play a sound. Increase the volume as much as you can to help you locate it.
- Follow the Sound: Now, it’s time to play detective. Follow the sound or, if you’re still struggling, use the app’s ‘Car’ icon to get directions to your AirPods’ last known location.
Sometimes finding your AirPods case requires a bit of luck. This next method has worked for many, but remember, it might not work for everyone. If it doesn’t work out, don’t lose hope—there’s another method waiting for you!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open ‘Find My iPhone’ Again: Just like the previous method, start by opening the ‘Find My iPhone’ app on your phone.
- Look for Your AirPods Case: In the app, you’ll see all the devices connected to your Apple account. Select your AirPods case from the list. If it’s within range and has battery, a green light will appear next to it.
- Green Light? Good News! If you see a green light, it means your case is somewhere close by. But here’s the catch: Unlike the first method, you won’t hear any sound this time, so you’ll need to rely on your detective skills.
- Grey Light? Out of Range or Dead Battery: If you see a grey light instead, it means your AirPods case is either out of range or the battery is dead. In this case, you might need to start thinking about getting a new case.
How to Find My AirPods Case With Serial Number?
Let’s tackle a common question: Can you find your AirPods case using its serial number? Well, I have some news for you, and it might not be what you’re hoping for.
The Hard Truth:
- Serial Numbers Don’t Help in Finding Lost Cases: Unfortunately, the serial number of your AirPods case won’t help you locate it if it’s lost. The serial number isn’t a tracking device, so it can’t pinpoint the location of your missing case.
While the serial number won’t help you find your lost AirPods case, it’s not completely useless. Here’s what you can do:
- Replacement via Apple Store: The good news is that your AirPods case’s serial number is your key to getting a replacement. If you’ve lost your case, take the serial number to an Apple Store.
- Fee for Replacement: Apple will provide a replacement for your lost AirPods case, but it will come at a cost. The fee varies, so it’s best to check with the store or Apple’s website for the latest pricing.
How to Find My AirPods Case Without My iPhone?
Losing your AirPods case when you don’t have your iPhone around can be a real panic moment. But don’t worry, there’s still a way to track it down using your computer. Here are some simple steps to guide you through the process:
Using iCloud to Locate Your AirPods Case
- Visit iCloud.com: Start by going to iCloud.com on your computer’s web browser.
- Log In with Your Apple ID: You’ll need to sign in with your Apple ID. If you have multiple IDs, make sure to choose the one that’s linked to your AirPods.
- Enter Your Password: After selecting your Apple ID, input your password to access your account.
- Select ‘All Devices’: Once you’re in, look for the ‘All Devices’ option and click on it. Then, choose your AirPods from the list of devices.
- Check the Location: Under each connected device, iCloud shows its location. This includes devices that are currently ‘Offline.’
- Finding Your AirPods Case: If you see an option like ‘Find My AirPods Case,’ select it. However, keep in mind that if your AirPods are out of range or the case is closed, this option might not be visible.
A Matter of Luck and Last Known Location
- When Out of Range: If your AirPods are out of range, technology can’t pinpoint their current location. This is a limitation you should be aware of.
- Last Known Location: The good news is, iCloud can show you the last known location where your AirPods were connected. This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s where you lost them, but it’s a starting point.
Trying this method is a bit of a gamble, but it’s definitely worth a shot. Remember, technology has its limits, but sometimes a little luck and the last known location can be just what you need to reunite with your missing AirPods case.
It’s no secret that losing an AirPods case can feel like a nightmare. But remember, staying calm and taking the right steps can make all the difference. In this post, we’ve explored several methods to help you retrieve a lost AirPods case, especially when your AirPods aren’t inside.
- Method 1: We started with using ‘Find My iPhone’ to track the case with sound.
- Method 2: Then, we discussed how to track your case without sound, using the same app.
- Serial Number: We covered how the serial number can’t help find the case but is useful for getting a replacement.
- iCloud Method: Finally, we discussed how to find your AirPods case using iCloud.com when you don’t have your iPhone.
These methods are quick, effortless, and straightforward, designed to help you in times of need. If you find success with any of these methods, don’t keep the knowledge to yourself. Share it with your friends and family! You never know who might benefit from these handy tips.
Losing your AirPods case doesn’t have to be the end of the world. With the right approach, you can often find what you’re looking for. And remember, prevention is key—keep your AirPods safe to avoid the hassle in the first place.