How To See Chat On YouTube Live Stream?
When you’re watching a YouTube Live Stream, you have two ways to view the chat, making sure you don’t miss out on any of the action!
Top Chat: This is like having a smart filter. It helps by keeping out messages that seem like spam, making the chat easier and more enjoyable to read. Think of it as a cleaner, more focused conversation.
Live Chat: This is the unfiltered, everything-goes version. Here, you’ll see every single message as soon as it’s posted. It’s like being in the middle of a bustling crowd, where every voice is heard.
How To Show Chat On YouTube Live Stream?
Now that you know how to view chats, let’s talk about how you can be a part of the live chat party!
Joining in: Want to support your favorite streamer? There are two cool ways to do this: “Joining” and “SuperChatting.” Keep in mind, though, not all streams have these options. It’s totally up to the streamer.
How to Chat: Found something you want to say? Simply head over to the “Say Something” box, type your message, and hit the send icon (it looks like a little paper airplane). And just like that, you’re part of the live chat crowd!
How To Join Live Chat On YouTube
Ever noticed a “Join” button next to the “Subscribe” one when tuning into a YouTube Live Stream? Clicking “Join” is your ticket to becoming a special supporter of the YouTuber. Here’s what happens when you join:
- Support with Style: Your chat messages get a cool new look. Your name changes color, a unique supporter icon appears next to your name, and you get access to special emojis made by the streamer.
- Perks Galore: Different YouTubers offer different perks for their supporters. It’s a fun way to show your love for the channel while getting some exclusive chat benefits!
Another awesome feature is SuperChat. Let’s dive into that next.
How To Use SuperChat on Live Stream
SuperChat is like a spotlight for your messages in a live stream chat. Here’s how to use it:
- Start SuperChatting: When you click to SuperChat, a popup appears. Here, you can type a message and choose how much you want to pay.
- Adjust Your Budget: There’s a slider for setting your payment amount. The cost varies based on your local currency, so have fun sliding around to see the different tiers.
- Colorful Messages: Depending on how much you choose to pay, your message will appear in different colors in the chat. It starts with dark blue for the lowest amount, going up to light blue, green, yellow, orange, magenta, and finally, red for the highest tier (usually starting at around $100).
On YouTube How To View Live Chat Replay On Live Stream?
Did you know that YouTube creators have some handy tools for managing the live chat room? These tools are useful during live streams and for replays. Here’s a quick look at what creators can do:
- Quick Channel Access: Creators can jump straight to the channel of anyone who comments in the chat.
- Report and Delete: If a chat message is inappropriate, it can be reported and/or deleted, whether it’s live or on replay.
- Hide Users: Creators can permanently hide someone from their channel. This is useful for maintaining a positive community vibe.
- Add Moderators: For extra help, creators can appoint moderators to oversee the chat room.
The cool part? Live chat replay! This lets you relive the chat exactly as it happened during the live stream. It’s a default feature for all live streams, so if you missed anything or want to re-experience the live chat excitement, it’s all there for you to see.
For content creators, this replay feature makes it super easy to catch up on any comments they might have missed during the live broadcast.
How To Add Donation Buttons To Super Chat Live Stream On YouTube?
Next up, let’s explore how to add donation buttons to SuperChat live streams on YouTube.
Setting Up a YouTube Giving Fundraiser:
- Start a Fundraiser: First, set up a YouTube Giving fundraiser. This will include a start date, and once that date arrives, a “Give” button will appear on your watch page or live chat.
- Visibility on Mobile: If you’re running a live broadcast and using live chat, the give button will be visible in the chat on mobile devices.
Eligibility for YouTube Giving:
- Location: Your channel must be based in the United States, the United Kingdom, or Canada.
- Subscriber Count: You need at least 10,000 subscribers.
- YouTube Partner Program: Your channel must be a part of the YouTube Partner Program.
- Target Audience: The channel should not be aimed at children.