Does Ring Doorbell Have Night Vision?
Absolutely! Each Ring Doorbell model is equipped with night vision capabilities. This feature transforms your front porch into a well-monitored area, even in total darkness. The night vision mode displays images in black and white, ensuring you can see what’s happening outside your door, no matter the time of night.
Interestingly, some models like the Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Video Doorbell Pro 2, and Video Doorbell Elite take it a notch higher with color night vision. That means you get more detailed and vibrant images, even under the cover of night.
How to Know If Your Ring Doorbell Has Night Vision?
Night Vision Light Settings
Even if your Ring Doorbell has night vision, relying solely on its infrared lighting might not always be enough, especially if the lighting around your house is less than ideal. The good news? You can tweak the night vision settings in the Ring app to suit your specific needs. Here’s how you can do it:
- Standard Setting: This is your go-to option if everything looks good and there are no glaring issues with your night vision. Just set it to “Standard” in the Ring app.
- Wall Nearby Setting: If you notice a glare caused by a nearby wall, switch to the “Wall Nearby” setting in the app. This will help reduce the glare and improve the night vision quality.
- Well Lit Setting: Lucky enough to have good lighting on your doorstep? Then, the “Well Lit” option in the Ring app is what you should choose. It optimizes the night vision for environments that are already sufficiently lit.
List of Ring Doorbells That Support Night Vision
If you’re wondering which Ring Doorbells offer night vision in black and white, here’s a list for you:
- Video Doorbell 2nd generation
- Video Doorbell 3
- Video Doorbell 3 Plus
- Video Doorbell 4
- Video Doorbell Wired
These models ensure that even in the dark, you can keep an eye on who’s at your door.
List of Ring Doorbells with Colored Night Vision
Things to Keep In Mind
When delving into the world of color night vision with Ring Doorbells, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Battery Usage: Models with color night vision tend to consume more battery. As a result, these doorbells are usually wired-only options. This means they need to be connected to your home’s electrical system to function.
- Internet Speed Requirements: For color night vision to work smoothly, a high-speed internet connection is crucial. This is different from black and white night vision models, which are more flexible and can work with both battery and wired setups.
- Color Accuracy: It’s important to note that color night vision doesn’t give you the exact colors you’d see in daylight. Instead, the camera uses ambient light to create an image. This image isn’t perfectly colored but provides a better idea of what objects might look like in color.
- Setting Up Color Night Vision: To enable or disable color night vision in your Ring Doorbell, follow these steps:
- Open the Ring app.
- Click on the three dots at the upper left side of the screen.
- Select Devices.
- Go to Device Settings.
- Choose Video Settings.
- Click on Color Night Vision.
- Here, you can enable or disable the color night vision feature.