How to delete the ESPN account?
So, you’ve made up your mind and decided that you want to delete your ESPN account. That’s totally fine. There might be a bunch of reasons why you’d want to do this. Maybe you found a different sports network that you like better, or you just need a little break from all the sports news and games. Perhaps you’re not happy with the service ESPN provides. Whatever your reason, I’m here to help make the process of deleting your account as easy as possible.
Delete the ESPN account via the Website
Firstly, let’s talk about how to delete your ESPN account using their website. It’s straightforward:
- Start by Logging In: Open your computer or phone, go to the ESPN website and log into your account.
- Go to Your Profile: Once you’re logged in, look at the top right corner of the page, and you’ll see your profile picture or icon. Click on it!
- Find Account Information: A menu will drop down. Click on where it says “Account Information”.
- Delete Account: Scroll down to the bottom of the account information page, and you’ll see an option that says “Delete Account”. Click on that.
- Confirm Deletion: A message will pop up, asking if you’re sure you want to delete your account. If you’re sure, click on “Yes, delete this account”. And that’s it, your ESPN account will be gone forever!
Delete the ESPN account via Chat
If you’re more comfortable talking to a person, you can also delete your account through ESPN’s chat service. Here’s how:
- Visit Customer Care: Go to ESPN Customer Care.
- Start a Chat: Once you’re on the Customer Care Page, look for a button that says “CHAT NOW” and click it.
- Talk to a Representative: A chat window will pop up. Politely ask the customer service representative to delete your account for you.
What happens when you delete the ESPN account?
When you hit that delete button on your ESPN account, your profile goes poof – it’s gone and won’t be accessible anymore. This means you won’t be able to log in or access any websites, apps, or other services connected to the Walt Disney Family of Businesses that use a Disney Account. You won’t have access to things you might have bought, credits you’ve earned, reward points, plans you’ve made, or any content or other cool benefits you might have enjoyed while you had the account. Basically, it’s like your account never existed.
Also, all the data you had on ESPN’s website will be removed. But remember, it doesn’t disappear immediately. According to ESPN’s rules, it takes about 14 days (two whole weeks!) for them to wipe your data completely from their system. So, if you’re planning on deleting your account, it’s good to know what you’re getting into!
But what if you’re not sure about saying goodbye forever? Maybe you just need a break from ESPN. If that’s the case, you have the option to deactivate your account instead of deleting it. When you deactivate it, you won’t be able to access your profile, but you don’t lose it forever.
How to deactivate your account?
- Start by Logging In: Go to ESPN and log into your account first.
- Head to Your Profile: Click on your profile picture or icon at the top-right corner.
- Edit Profile: Once you’re there, look for and click on “Edit Profile”.
- Deactivate Option: Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll find a box that says “Deactivate”. Click on it to check the box.
- Save Changes: Don’t forget to save! Click on “Save Changes”. And you’re done! The process takes about 5 minutes and then your account will be deactivated.
What about a refund for my Subscription?
If you just started a subscription and quickly realized you want out, there’s good news! You can get a refund within seven days of your first billing date. But be quick – if you miss that seven-day window, no refunds or credits will be given to you. If you decide to cancel after those initial seven days, don’t worry, you won’t lose access immediately. You can still use the service until the end of your current billing period. For more detailed info about your specific subscription, you should chat live with ESPN’s customer service.
How to cancel your ESPN Plus Subscription?
Now, deleting your ESPN account doesn’t automatically cancel any subscriptions you have. So, if you don’t want to keep paying for ESPN Plus, make sure to cancel it using these steps:
- Log Into ESPN+: First things first, log into your ESPN+ account.
- Find Your Profile: Click on your profile.
- Manage Your Subscription: Look for and select “Manage my ESPN+ Subscription”.
- Navigate to Your Subscription Card: There’s a card with your subscription details. Next to it, you’ll find the “Manage” option. Click it!
- Cancel Time: Click on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Confirmation Steps: Follow the steps that appear on the screen to confirm that you want to cancel.
If you need to fill out an online cancellation form, you can find it here.